About the Scholarship
Launching in 2023, the Gail Kelly Young Women Leaders Scholarship is a new program that supports and encourages undergraduate education for outstanding young women leaders.
One scholarship will be awarded every year* to a first-year commencing student enrolled in any discipline at UNSW who shows exceptional leadership in their lives and studies, including through extra-curricular activities and contributions to their broader communities.
*For 2023 only, one scholarship will also be awarded to each of a second-year, penultimate-year, and final-year continuing student.
"In my time as Westpac CEO, I saw the importance of Executives developing outstanding leadership capabilities. Through these new Scholarships, I’m hoping to support young women to excel in their education, lives, and careers."
For a student to be considered eligible to apply, each of the following criteria must be met:
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident (including Humanitarian Visa Holders) or New Zealand Citizen
- Be commencing in any UNSW undergraduate coursework degree program
- Be female
Applicants will be assessed on their ability to demonstrate:
- Academic merit
- Leadership (school, workplace, community)
- Qualities including the generosity of spirit, passion for making a difference, courage, resilience, drive, and a love of learning
Scholarship recipients will benefit by:
- Receiving up to $40,000 in total ($10,000 per annum for up to 4 years)
- Having an informal mentoring relationship with Dr. Gail Kelly
How to apply
Applications are open until 16 January 2023.
For further information and to apply, please visit the UNSW Scholarships office via the link below.
For information on the founder and donor of this Scholarship, Dr. Gail Kelly, please visit her website.